In every woman's life, there is someone who ....someone who has touched your life, immensely! One of my dear friends emailed this "tribute" to me, and I was so touched, I wanted to share it with you. There are so many stages to life, and soooo many seasons that family and friends help you weather. I think back to previous years. The last few years I lived in Meridian were very rocky for me, but also wonderful - at the same time. Even though my marriage was falling apart, Caroline was born there, as was Anabelle. I belonged to a wonderful church, and I had a fantastic network of support. I worked with some very special girls that became just like my sisters. If it hadn't been for Caroline & Anabelle ...and the fact that I loved going to work to be with "my girls," I don't know what I would've done. If I hadn't been able to pick up the phone and call my best friend, Stephanie ...I don't know what I would've done. If my MOM and sister hadn't stood behind me like a rock (Dad, too), I don't know what I would've done. If I hadn't had to "keep on keeping on" for MY DAUGHTERS, I don't know that I'd be where I am now. I've often heard and loved this quote: "True strength is to walk away from something you desire to protect something you love." My girls and I are happy ...and Caroline will tell you, outright, that she "loves this life." I am truly happy; I am truly at peace ...and alot of the reason I'm at peace in my heart is because of my friends' prayers for me. I believe that different people enter your life at various stages for a reason ...and ultimately, those people play an integral role in God's plan for you. I believe that friends are angels ...people to draw our strength from. If you haven't yet, thank God for your friends today (and your family, because some of your best friends end up being your family)!!!
GIRLS IN MY CIRCLE
When I was little, I used to believe in the concept of one best friend,
And then I started to become a woman.
And then I found out that if you allow your heart to open up,
God would show you the best in many friends.
One friend is needed when you're going through things with your man.
Another friend is needed when you're going through things with your mom.
Another will sit beside you in the bleachers as you delight in your children and their activities.
Another when you want to shop, share, heal, hurt, joke, or just be.
One friend will say, 'Let's cry together,'
Another, 'Let's fight together,'
Another, 'Let's walk away together.'
One friend will meet your spiritual need,
Another your shoe fetish,
Another your love for movies,
Another will be with you in your season of confusion,
Another will be your clarifier,
Another the wind beneath your wings.
But whatever their assignment in your life,
On whatever the occasion,
On whatever the day,
Or wherever you need them to meet you with their gym shoes on and hair pulled back,
Or to hold you back from making a complete fool of yourself ..
Those are your best friends.
It may all be wrapped up in one woman, But for many, it's wrapped up in several..
One from 7th grade,
One from high school,
Several from the college years,
A couple from old jobs,
On some days your mother,
On some days your neighbour,
On others, your sisters,
And on some days, your daughters.
**Whatever stage of life you are in, I hope you have angels that guide you!**
Happy November 1st to you,
Melanie and Her Girls


1 comment:
Amen sister!
Thanks for the sweet post on my blog. I'm new to this whole blogging thing! You're girls are just precious. Isn't funny how you learn how fragile life really is and that things we thought use to be important aren't important anymore??? My Bailey lived three and half beautiful years and I am grateful for every second. Children who have special needs are given to the extra special people God chose for them. Your babies have a super cool wonderful mommy!
Take care!
Amanda
Post a Comment