Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I marked my children, for sure!

My friends are always telling me that Anabelle looks just like me. I agree that we totally look alike, and she does have my dominant traits (darker hair, darker eyes, darker skin). BUT, Caroline is the "spitting" image of me at her age, as well (even though she got her dad's recessive traits, such as the blue eyes, lighter skin and lighter hair). I think it is amazing how much each of my daughters resembles me at various stages in my life. Not only does Caroline look like me, but as you can tell from the pictures, she acts a bit like I did when I was her age. Anabelle & Caroline are both entertainers, and anyone that knows me would say I am also, so they definitely have formed a "Melanie" personality too ...for better or worse. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I have.

Me around 1 year



Anabelle at 1 year

Me making silly grin

Caroline making silly grin


My serious pose at 1 year

Anabelle's serious pose at 1 year


My profile at 2 years of age

Caroline at 2 years of age Caroline getting ready for Ole Miss Homecoming ...on the square in Oxford!



Love to you & yours this Thanksgiving ...
Melanie and The Cutest Kids THIS Side of the Mason Dixon :)

3 comments:

Amanda White said...

Happy turkey day!!!

Love,
Amanda

Your children are precious!

The Vickers Family said...

omg they both look just like you. It must be nice. I've only been an incubator for my children : ) I love that red damask wall paper in your backgrounds. All of my baby pictures have golds, oranges, and puke greens in the backgrounds!

Dawn E said...

They both look so much like you! I know what you mean...it is so strange how two very different individuals can both resemble you so. Riley has my coloring, but her dad's features. Still everyone calls her mini-Dawn. :) Sawyer actually has my features, while looking so much like his dad. It's weird!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!