Friday, October 31, 2008

Caillou! He eats dogfood? He doesn't? He probably should.



Caroline in her favorite chair ...watching "Caillou"!

My oldest daughter loves "Caillou"! You haven't had the pleasure of meeting him? He's a fictional character, and his show airs on the Sprout channel. Caillou is a little boy, perpetually bald as he is, that has captured Caroline's heart. Caillou never ages; he is also perpetually 4-ish. Caroline can be running around, like a wild horse, but if she hears the intro music to Caillou, THE WORLD STANDS STILL! In fact, she has suggested that he leave his family and come and live with us. She invited him to live with us because his little sister, Rosie, appears to be no fun to play with. I think Caroline believes that "Caillou" needs more stimulation than he is getting at his house ....hee hee! Well, welcome Caillou. You will get all the stimulation you need in The Hodges household. I did ask Caroline to obtain my permission, in the future, before she invites any more little, bald-headed boys to live with us. She said that he wouldn't be any trouble because he'd eat dogfood. Hmmm, do you think she really thinks he (a little boy) would eat dogfood? I asked her that exact question, and here is her reply, "Well, Caillou has no hair." I said, "You are right." She said, "Dogs have hair." I said, "Right, again." She said, "Caillou has no hair; dogs have lots of hair. It's getting cold outside. I think Caillou needs some dogfood ...it would be good for his vitamins ...get his hair to growing!" I spit coffee everywhere.

Deductive reasoning led me to this summary: Caillou's parents won't feed him dogfood and his little sister is a drag. Because the weather is getting chilly, he really should have some hair on his head. Caroline thinks Caillou should be relocated to our house, where she will take on the responsibility of feeding him puppy chow and entertaining him.

I love her imagination! Even though we don't eat puppy chow (though, I'm sure if she was given the chance, Caroline would at least TRY it), she has asked me on more than one occasion why animals eat 'their' food and we don't eat 'their' food. I've explained to her that animals need their food to help them grow and keep their "coats" healthy. She inquired as to what a "coat" was ...I told her it was their fur or hair ...AND I told her that it's their fur that keeps them warm in the Winter.

Maybe Caroline will be a veternarian ....maybe a nutritionist. Heck, she may even be a social worker, placing little bald-headed kids in homes where they can receive all the puppy chow and stimulation a kid could ask for ...hee hee!!!


Happy Halloween to you,
Melanie & The Girls

PS: I posted a picture of Anabelle too ...even though Anabelle doesn't LOVE Caillou, she loves Caroline, so she is happy to sit in her highchair and play (waiting patiently for Caroline's attention) while Caroline is completely consumed by all things "Caillou."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are just beautiful!