Monday, October 6, 2008

In God's perfect timing ...

Some days I wish I could speed time up, just a little bit. I don't want to wish my girls' childhoods away, so I beat myself up for even thinking that way! You know, I want so badly for Anabelle to be sitting up, that I can't help but think of "that day," ...the day she sits up with as much strength as her little body needs to sit, crawl and walk ...unassisted! With all of my soul, I wish I could lay my hands on my youngest daughter's physical limitations and heal them. I cannot describe to you how badly I want she and Caroline to be able to sit and play together. Caroline wants them to be able to sit and play together, too ...she told me so just yesterday! I've fervently prayed for the same exact thing to heal my oldest daughter's heart after my divorce, so I can't say that I've never felt this way before. It really is so hard for me, as a mother & a Christian, to hand my hopes and fears over to God. Why is this so hard for me? I have complete faith in my Father, and I know that He has my girls' greatest interest taken care of ...already, before I even give them to Him in prayer. So, why is it difficult for me to trust in faith without anything tangible to "put my hands on?" I am your typical Type A personality, and I think one of my biggest hurdles is that I feel like I can't control and "fix" Anabelle's little muscles. Everyone has something they are working on, right? Well, my faith is a "work in progress." I continue to pray that God will lead me in the direction to "let go and let God." I'm not saying that my wishes for my daughters' lives don't need to be lifted up in prayer, but after being lifted up, I should hand them over. I'm learning, I'm learning!!!! This journey is called "motherhood," and as I've been told by my mom, "You never quit worrying about your babies." I know firsthand what she has always told me, now. I have to wait for God's perfect timing because, even as much as I've urged Him, He's decided to work his miracles on His timeline ... NOT MINE!

I will allow one last kiss, Sissy


So, I wait ...and my heart waits ....

God bless you & yours this week,
Melanie and The Girls

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sugar Foot, I love you and the Girls, When you count your blessings, count your Mom twice.
Love Pop

Dawn E said...

Melanie,
What a beautiful blog and what beautiful girls you have. Your faith is inspiring. I will be praying for you and yours.