Sunday, October 19, 2008

Apple Cider and Pumpkin Carving ...

Beautiful Big GirlFinally some good ones ...


Hello, friends! Saturday was beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better day (except if Ole Miss had beat Bama :). The weather was quite windy though, so I ended up only taking Caroline to the Fall Festival at First Baptist. Anabelle would've loved it, but because she has been congested and coughing, I opted to take my "well" child, being Caroline. We are gearing up for Caroline's 3rd birthday party, and I took the opportunity to snap some pictures of Caroline before we left for the festival (for her b'day cards, of course). She cooperated as well as any 'almost' 3-year-old would, so I have no complaints. When we got to the festival, Caroline had a grand time jumping in the bounce house and "rough-housing" with the boys and girls. Some of the kids were in their Halloween costumes and some weren't. I think Caroline's favorite was the tiny boy dressed as Hulk. She asked to touch his "faux" muscles (you know, the green ones, hee hee), and they both started giggling - instantly friends. Caroline makes friends easily, and I'm so proud of that. I prepped her before we went to the festival, so she would know what to expect because Caroline is allll about some structure & being "in the know." I told her that we'd go on a hayride later in the day ...that we'd probably be in a trailer (driven by a man on a tractor), and the driver would take us out in a pasture, and possibly over some hills. I also told her that we *may* see some horses or cows (notice the asterisk*). Later on the hayride (and after eating the brightest, orangest cupcake ever), she was all set for us to be taken over hills in a field. When we never left the pavement, much to my dismay, came the outspoken Caroline's observation(refer back to said asterisk *), "THIS is HOOOOOORRRRRIBLE!" OMG, NO she didn't!! Out of the mouths of babes, they say. After doing a quick personal inventory, I concluded that she'd heard this expression from your's truly ... and I was mortified but also a little tickled. Afterall, it WAS a subjective observation, but it WAS NOT the appropriate time to say it. All of my friends (the moms) thought it was hilarious. Sure, this time it's funny, but what will she say next time? I'm afraid ...very afraid! Oh well, this week's "Lesson in Life" is to teach when comments are appropriate and not appropriate ....to a 3 year old. Yeah, right! Maybe I'll just NOT say that anymore, what do you think? Enjoy the pictures ...and notice the one of Caroline and Mary Carter (Mandy Barnette's little girl) ...Caroline had so much orange pumpkin icing permanently inked on her face, we almost never got it off! We had a great time, though. Fun Times!

Love,
Melanie and The Girls

Ok, can I not photoshop those shoes out of the pic?P-reciousMommy LURVES sepia At the Fall Festival ..in jump house She was running from Super Woman ..hee hee ...Just having some funCaroline and Mary Carter ...Mary Carter had her face painted and Carolines was do it yourself w/orange cupcake frosting

No comments: