(Originally published 9/15/08; retrieved 9/20/08)
I am the 35 year old, single mom of the most precious girls ever. I never thought I'd be a single mommy, but I once read a fabulous quote that I've come to believe was created just for me. The quote reads, "Be brave ...you were made for this." ~GOD
That quote pretty much sums up my life. I was made to mother these girls, and God knew what he was doing when He gave them to me. I also think that I'm a pretty good mom most of the time, and I pray every single day that God gives me the strength & direction I need to make good decisions for that day .... the decisions I make each day have a full impact on my girls.
Caroline Kenley born November 10, 2005, and we are nearing her third birthday (which she is so excited about). She is the silliest, happiest, smartest little girl, and I am so glad to take credit for that. Caroline's imagination is phenomenal, and I encourage that constantly. Caroline is your typical Alpha "oldest child." She loves to take charge and tell Mommy (and Anabelle) how things should be done. Caroline's favorite question is, of course, "Why?". She has brown hair and big blue eyes and is very fair skinned. When you meet Caroline, you will soon find that you feel honored just being in her presence ....she is so warm that just being close to her makes you feel like you are standing in sunshine. Before she was born and everyday since, I give Caroline back to God ...thanking him for allowing me to parent her! She is a testimony of God's grace.
Anabelle Katherine was born 2 months premature on July 1, 2007. She weighed 3 lbs. and 10 oz., and she was 18" long ...such a great size to be a preemie. GOD ANSWERS PRAYER! Her original due date was September 1, 2007. Anabelle is a fighter (she had to fight to live; had no other choice). She is so sassy too, which is great, in my opinion, because when God fills you with so much fight and sass that you make it out of NICU, you deserve to rule the roost. Anabelle has dark, dark brown hair and she has a darker complexion than Caroline. Her eyes? Who knows what color they will 'stay'! Some days, Anabelle's eyes are hazel and some days, Anabelle's eyes are still quite blue with brown flecks (or quite brown with blue flecks)! She is now wearing the cutest, little pink glasses because she is your typical preemie & farsighted. She is adjusting to the glasses well. Anabelle's motor developmental milestones are running behind, but her language and cognition sure aren't! Her smile could wrangle the toughest of men. She is a flirt and prefers to be held all the time. Anabelle is my "snuggler," and I adore that about her. Her affection and zest for life are infectious ....you can't NOT be happy when you are in her presence. Her little body will catch up .... I gave her life and care to God before she was even born, and Anabelle has been a wonderful example of God's love. Anabelle has been an awesome testimony to the fact that, "God is good ALL THE TIME!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment