Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Fall, Y'all !!!

Today is not only the First Day of Autumn, but more importantly, its Kenneth Rowsey's 64th birthday! Looking back into the past 3 years, I don't know what I would've done without Kenneth Rowsey ...my father, my dad, and my friend. My parents (the both of them) are quite honestly some of the best people I've ever known. With them, what you see is what you get ...that trait is sacred. That trait is hard to find, in this day and age. I know all parents are their childrens' biggest fans, but my parents think I hung the moon. Hee hee ...they think my girls hung it higher, though! I tell my dad thank you, and I love you ...but not nearly enough. He would use his whole retirement trying to make sure that my children and I have everything we need ...and most of what we want (and he shouldn't have to). I cannot express in words my love and gratitude for my parents. I cherish dearly the past 3 years of tears, struggles, triumphs, joy and laughter ... and the "pitter patter of little feet" around my home and my parents' home. I trust my parents explicitly with my girls ...both Caroline and Anabelle trust them and love them ...and that means the world to me. There are certain attributes that a well-rounded child should possess, in my opinion. If you asked me what "makes" a well-rounded child, I'd say the main attribute is that they feel safe, and the next attributes are stability/structure/limitations. I ask God, diligently, for my girls to feel safe and know, without a doubt, that they are loved beyond belief. I also pray that God guide me to teach my children that I will always love them - no matter what, but their are consequences for their actions. Every child should feel that security and be absolutely confident in the dependablity of their family ... that is the foundation of a healthy child. I hate to toot my own family's horn, but my parents made sure that I knew I was loved, wanted and cared for. I strive to set the example my parents have set for me, and if God provides me with a tiny bit of the parenting skills that my parents have, then I'll be a pretty dang good mommy. I need my parents help now, as a single mom, and they tirelessly help with any and everything. That, I'm learning, is what parents do. What they don't realize is that they've already 'helped' me ...they taught me that family is what makes a life worth living & honesty/morals/ethics are what drive a "good" person. I'm a good person because I was raised by good people. I hope everyone has the chance to love and cherish a parent or both parents in their lifetime. In the end, family is all that remains ...along with all of God's grace and blessings. "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!" Amen.

No comments: