Nevertheless, after taking Caroline to see Mandy Barnette (my friend and RNP) for an antibiotic, we had to go grocery shopping. As you know, I love Fall, so we bought pumpkins, of course! Even though Caroline had a cold and was quite bossy because she didn't feel well, she pleaded with me to help put the pumpkins on the front porch. I obliged, and we got some pretty good pictures, as well.
Caroline then tried to "sweep" the porch, much to my dismay. To be honest, she was on all fours, using her little hands. She said, "Look Mommy, I'm doing just like Cinderella!" She was quite proud of herself ...even making small talk with make-believe mice & singing, "Cinderellie, Cinderellie, ..." (just like the mice sing to Cinderella in the beloved fairytale). As you may imagine, by the end of decorating for Fall and trying to keep her from getting too dirty "sweeping," she was covered from head to toe with dirt. I've posted some pictures ...check out her nose (sooo dirty)!!! These are the moments I treasure, though. When the girls get old enough to look back on their childhood, fun times like these are the memories that will make them feel good, from the inside out. Family will always make a person feel warm and cozy.
God Bless,
Melanie



























1 comment:
Wow that looks great! I need to get off this computer and go decorate!!!
Post a Comment