Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Two days until Christmas Eve :)

Dear Friends,

I will begin blogging soon, again. I can't believe I've been this long without blogging. I loved it so much. I will say that all of my friends that did blog have pretty much phased out, and that makes me sad.

On another note, our girls are getting ready for Santa's visit. They are anxiously awaiting the toys, the sounds, the sights, the smells of Christmas. I'm sure Santa will be good to them this year! They are a wonderful group of little ladies!

At the end of this year, I'm reflecting on all that God has placed in our lives this year. We have a new family!! New adventures. New happiness and hope. Even though most days aren't a "walk in the park," as you may have guessed with 4 girls trying to learn to get along .....I am so thankful for everything He's given us this year. The good outweighs the bad by a ton.

Please take time to count your blessings. I don't do this as often as I should, but I plan on making 2011 a totally different year .... a year to reconnect with our Lord in a way that I never have before. Its been so long since I've been able to feel Him right beside me. I want that peace again, you know?

Yes, I'm extremely happy ....but peace is hard to come by in a big family, on most days. It helps when you feel peace inside; it makes for peace on the outside. I would love for anyone to share their stories/journey to a personal peace with Jesus. I've had it before, and I plan to have it again.

Counting down to a New Year ....up on Hawkins Hill :)

Merry Christmas to you and yours. May you experience a Christmas miracle & peace like you've never known!

Love to you,
Melanie Hawkins and Family

No comments: