Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm headed on my first trip to the mountains ...with the LOML (Love Of My Life) ...and I am GIDDY about it !!!

Hey There!

I don't know if you remember this, but my favorite time of year is Fall!!! I love everything about it ...the leaves turning, the crip cool air, the smell of woodburning fireplaces, wearing my boots and sweaters, dressing the girls up in their cute, warm clothes ....apple cider with red hots, pumpkins and scarecrows out everywhere, yellow and orange mums ....Halloween, eating chili, cocoa on cool nights, snuggling. Well, I really could go on and on about Fall!

So, in October, Doug Hawkins is taking me to the mountains! I've never been before, and I am SO anticipating this trip. We timed it right when all the leaves are supposed to be the most colorful, so I promise to take tons of pictures. The cabin that he's reserved is called "Close To Heaven," and it is beautiful! It sits on the side of a mountain, so the view should be spectacular !!!!

Here is a picture of the cabin:




Here's the view:




Here are 2 of my favorite things: Doug Hawkins + Fall Weather = CLOSE TO HEAVEN :)








"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." ~ Matthew 6:21

Can you tell I'm excited? Here's hoping you enjoy Fall as much as we do ...and I hope this Autumn finds you warm and cozy :)

Happy Fall, Y'all!!!
Melanie and "The Fall Girls"

1 comment:

Dawn E said...

Wow! What a view! That is one gorgeous cabin. Hope you guys have a wonderful time.